Mechatronics & Machines
DSA clients benefit from our diverse Mechatronics & Machine design & build services applied to the following project categories...
- Simulation & Modeling
- Automated Assembly & Inspection
- Pick-N-Place & Robotics
- Material Handling & Packaging
Click here for a link to search our on-line database and to review some noteworthy application-specific accomplishments in more detail with text, photos, video, etc.
Case Studies in Adaptive Automation Results
- One of the worlds largest manufacturers of industrial and residential electrical circuit breakers chose DSA to pioneer the development of a LabVIEW-based, open architecture, mechatronics solution to test breaker performance, with the long-term goal of breaking their dependence on other proprietary vendor components.
- One of the worlds largest consumer products companies committed to new product development of rubber swivel-wheel casters. To compare product designs and competitor quality, DSA designed & built a custom machine to automate consistency in accelerated life testing and data acquisition of multiple caster designs simultaneously.
- In the wake of the 9/11 attacks, many manufacturers began to design/produce first-responder respirators to protect against chemical, biological, nuclear, radioactive (CBNR) agents. A DSA system designed to characterize respirator performance was written into the CDC/NIOSH standards, and DSA has been contracted numerous times to provide respirator laboratory- and production-scale automation systems. Specifically, DSA was selected to integrate an 18-station automated assembly line with complete inventory tracking.
- A pioneer in understanding the theoretical application of Ultra-High Throughput Screening in drug discovery required the assistance of DSA to invent & build a machine capable of actually doing it. DSA was leveraged to provide mechanical, electrical, control and software engineering to develop a complete, commercially-viable machine that bests traditional methods in high throughput screening.
- A beverage manufacturer of a popular childrens summer drink was experiencing yield shortages and labor cost increases due to product packaging errors. DSA designed a robust vision system based on previously unused COTS camera, framegrabber and software tools to identify, categorize, track and alarm based on packaging errors to improve data reliability and reduce labor costs.