Measurement & Automation
DSA clients benefit from our diverse Measurement & Automation services applied to the following project categories...
- Quality Control & Automated Test
- Process Control & Industrial Automation
- Data Acquisition & Instrumentation
- Vision Systems & Motion Control
Click here for a link to search our on-line database and to review some noteworthy application-specific accomplishments in more detail with text, photos, video, etc.
Case Studies in Adaptive Automation Results
- One of the worlds largest companies decided to reverse their decision to engage with off-shore, low-wage contractors, preferring DSA to six other vendors evaluated. They rely on our local automation experts for timely and professional engineering, programming, consulting and training services to augment their internal capabilities in design/build of ATE systems for printed circuit boards used in wind turbines.
- A leading glass manufacturer needed to migrate a home-brew, laser-scanning, windshield-glass optical distortion data acquisition & analysis system designed by retirees in the 1960s. State-of-the-art capabilities were required to incorporate manufacturing process correlations, expert systems, and then commercialize for industry standardization. The client engaged DSA to design a system based on COTS sensors, signal conditioning and components.
- The worlds pioneer in Bluetooth ® chip development engaged DSA to provide initial ATE system integration services during the design validation stage. DSA provided LabVIEW and TestStand programming and integration services, in the US and abroad, to tie together many diverse instruments and data acquisition devices.
- One of the worlds largest plastic manufacturers required a long-term partnership in designing tools to acquire manufacturing process parameters, and automating the analytical correlations to optimize the CD/DVD manufacturing process using COTS injection molding machines and other devices.
- A world leading fiber glass manufacturing struggled with costly downtime for fiber-winding machines; as many as hundreds are installed per glass furnace operating facility. DSA assigned staff overseas for the development and deployment of a monitoring, diagnostics, and control system that optimized repair and preventive maintenance schedules, while providing real-time statistical metrics of winder performance with process correlations.
- A pioneer in developing technology to eliminate subjectivity in traditional market research methods, partnered with DSA to develop patented algorithms for converting EEG signals into engagement measurements. DSA synchronized live video with brainwave data acquisition, and provided real-time analysis and reporting to discern a human subjects level of engagement in viewing commercials prior to incurring the costs of broadcast media.
- A government agency charged with setting the standards of practice in mine safety required a high- speed, high-channel, synchronized, remote data acquisition system to monitor mine explosion characteristics including light & pressure wave propagation. DSA engineered a deterministic solution based on COTS tools and ingenuity to achieve desired performance levels, in excess of product and network ratings.